Thursday, October 4, 2012

Is it time for another vacation yet?

Welp, I'm in the middle of travel season at work which means I'm either gone or I'm home and exhausted.  I'm not even doing that much traveling, but for some reason it's just really wearing me out!  Last week I drove to St. Louis (about 4.5 hour drive) and then back the following day, then to Wichita the next day (about a 2.5 hour drive) and back home the same day.  This week I flew to El Paso on Monday, flew home Tuesday and got home around midnight, then drove to Warrensburg, MO (about 2 hour drive) the following day.  Basically...I'm a little pooped.  The house is a mess with my junk (and my poor husband is trying to do it all alone) and I'm stressed.  It's all just part of travel season with work...but I'm about sick of it (and I've only been traveling for two weeks).

The good things about travel season though - most of my meals are paid by work because I'm out of town.  So, that's nice.  Plus, I get to catch up on some reading!

I finished this book in El Paso:

The Last Letter from Your Lover

As recommended by fellow bloggers Victoria and Ginny.  It was SO GOOD!  I almost got a little emotional at the airport as I was finishing it on my Nook (I'm sure I looked completely crazy pants). I highly recommend reading it...don't let the cheesy title steer you away.

On the honeymoon I was able to read The Chaperone:

The Chaperone

Also pretty good and stuck with me (just not quite as much as The Last Letter).  I also read The Virgin of Small Planes by Nancy Pickard.  It was just alright...kind of an interesting story but I didn't feel like it was really well written which was mildly frustrating at times.  At the end of the honeymoon, Mr. JG said "You've read more on this honeymoon than I read in my entire college experience."  I laughed...he said he was serious.  :)

So what else is new??

I'm getting ready for a craft fair!  Woo Hoo!  This is the big time folks...Basehor Craft Fair on November 3rd.  I went last year, just as an observer and was super impressed.  It's huge, well organized, and has a ton of people that come.  So, basically I cannot screw this up...I would be embarrassed for life!

While the Birthday Boards seem to sell pretty well on Etsy, I know they are a larger purchase/commitment for a craft fair so I'm working on a few other things to sell at the fair in addition to the boards.  I've been working on some I Spy bags for the kids.  They're slightly re-worked since my original post on them.

And, I've started working on some little sewing kits out of mason jars:



I had so many leftover mason jars from the wedding that I literally just put a table number into and that's it!  So, I made pincushions for the tops of the lids, added some spray paint and embellishment, and put some sewing supplies inside!  I think these will be a huge hit (well, at least I hope so).  They'd be great for college students or those that don't have an entire room devoted to crafting...

Oh, and one more thing.  I'm thinking of planning a crafting party later this fall...Crafting and Cocktails.  Who's in??? 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crafting and cocktails! Just keep in mind that we don't all know how to work a soldering iron :-/ I will hot glue gun everything to everything else though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love crafting and cocktails!!! And Nancy Pickard's other Kansas book was better - Scent of Rain and Lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel reading is the best!
    I read Marcia Brady's memoir on my honeymoon which is so lame and not sexy!

    ReplyDelete